How Does This Functionality Help You?
- Templates allow you to create sets of shifts that need to be filled with employees on a weekly basis.
- Using templates allows you to quickly build a schedule using one or more templates.
Templates Section: Add Template
- Select Add Template.
- Group field: Creates a folder to organize your templates by groups.
- Name: Enter the template name and select Save.
- Use the Refresh symbol to see your template in the left menu list.
- Select Shifts, and from the drop-down list, select List. This displays the shift list with a note that there are no records to display.
- Select Add Shifts in the top menu bar.
- On the Add Shift window, enter the number of shifts you want for one specific time period. Enter shift times. Choose Station. ShiftGroup and Note are optional. Select Save.
- The page refreshes and the shifts you created automatically display.
- Repeat this process for each different shift time you need to enter.
Use empty shifts in a template when you want to fill the shifts after a schedule has been built. This allows you to use use Auto Fill in the Schedules section.
Use fixed shifts when employees are assigned to a specific shift in the template. When the template is used to build a schedule, the employee is filled in the schedule in that shift.
If a fixed employee in a template is granted a day off, when the schedule is built for that week, the employee is removed from that shift and the shift is empty. See Employees Section: Manage Leave.
To make changes to a Template Shift, see Editing Template Shifts.
List: Displays shifts in a list. Use the Display settings under the Options tab in the left menu to sort and group the shift list the way you want.
Week: Displays shifts in a grid by day.
Day: Displays shifts in a grid with bar graph by hour. Each day is under a separate tab.