How Does This Functionality Help You?
- Mass Updates allow you to quickly change many things about shifts at one time.
- Creating breaks in all shifts can be defined by parameters you determine and will decrease the shift length hours paid.
Schedules Section: Tools and Selected Tabs
- Select the schedule name to open the schedule tabs.
Select the Shifts tab in the top menu bar and select List from the drop-down menu.
From the Tools tab in the top menu bar, select Create Breaks.
Choose parameters for the breaks on the Create Breaks pop-up window.
- Break size: 15 min, 30 min, 45 min, 60 min.
- Break start time: qtr hour, half hour, hour.
- Minimum buffer size: Choose a buffer size that is less than half of your minimum shift length if you want all shifts eligible for breaks.
- Minimum headcount percentage or minimum headcount per time slot: determines the number of breaks allowed per station/day time periods.
Result: The breaks are inserted into every shift that meets the parameters chosen.
From the Tools tab in the top menu bar, select Merge Shifts.
- This combines back-to-back shifts that share the same date, station, and employee.
- The schedule filter is not applicable when merging shifts. All shifts in the schedule are examined. Empty shifts are ignored.
- The Selected tab in the top menu bar contains mass update options for when you want to make the same change to several shifts.
First select the shifts you want to change, using one of the following methods:
- Select the check box the individual shifts you want to change.
- If you want to change ALL shifts use Toggle All under the Selected tab.
Reminder: You can first use the Options Tab to filter to select shifts in your schedule that you want to make changes to. Then, Toggle all works very quickly.
- From the Selected tab, choose one of the following mass options to be performed:
- Update Shifts: Input the new data into the field’s entry box. Select Save.
- Assign Employees: Use to manually assign one employee to all selected shifts.
- Click on the name of the employee that you want to assign.
- About this list:
--- Only active employees shown
--- NO skills OR availability OR shifts checked
--- Inactive shifts are ignored in the analysis
--- It's VERY possible to manually assign conflicts
- Clear Assignments: Use to clear employee assignments from selected shifts. It makes the shifts ‘empty’.
- Clear Breaks: Use to clear breaks from selected shifts. It removes the break times.
- Delete: Use to delete all selected shifts.
Caution: Deleted shifts are not recoverable and all history of these shifts is also deleted.