The organization controls all operating parameters for the swapboard rules. ENTERPRISE LEVEL DECISIONS:
First - The Enterprise must authorize use of Directed Swaps
- Organization /Configuration – default is Off. Choose Enabled to allow ‘directed swaps’ to be used.
- If Left to Off, then employees only have the option to post a shift that can be claimed by any eligible employee if swapping is allowed on the schedule.
Second - The Enterprise must determine what open shifts will be displayed on the swap board:
- Organization section/Configuration. All or Only Swapped Shifts. Choose All.
Third - The Enterprise must determine if swap rules can be set and edited at the Location portal by a scheduler:
- Organization section/Configuration.
- Editable: The rules can be set by the Scheduler at the location level. No additional action is required at the Enterprise level. Swap Rules entered at the location level will appear at the Enterprise level under the location/swap rules setting tab.
- View Only: The rules are set at the Enterprise level and cannot be altered in the Location portal. The swap rules must be Enabled and set in the Enterprise portal for each Location. The default is Off when a new location is added. Go to the Location Section, Open the location, Open Settings/Swap Rules, and Choose swap rules.
Location Level Decisions
- When logged in under the Enterprise, go to Locations >> Settings >> Employee
- ENABLE: Allow Swapping/Claiming shifts check box must be selected for swaps to occur at all.
- Choose the Scheduling Constraints:
- Choose the Additional Settings:
- If being swaps are allowed, these are the decisions an employee will make:
- The employee that is chosen is the only employee that will get a link to ‘claim’ the shift.
- The chosen employee will only be able to claim the shift if they meet all the requirements that you have checked to enforce under your Admin/Swap Board rules.
- If the employee chosen is not eligible to take the shift and cannot claim it, the employee posting it will not know unless the employee that couldn’t claim the shift sends them an email or the employee posting the shift checks the swap board or their schedule to see it is still scheduled with them.
- All employees will see the posted shift on the swap board; they just will not have a link to claim it.