A Location is a distinct unit of the business for scheduling and timekeeping.
How does this functionality help you?
- The Enterprise can have separate locations for each unit that wants to generate a schedule.
- The Enterprise controls assignment of stations and employees to each location.
- Open the Location Section.
- Open the Tools folder, click on the ‘Add Location’ link.
- The Enterprise must add the location and assign stations, employees, and users.
The data below can be entered only in the Enterprise portal and cannot be edited by the location.
- Assign Stations, Employees, and Users to the Location for use.
- Assign Time projects and activities to the Location for use.
- Time Settings tab: Setup & Rules, Default Project/task, and Valid IP Addresses.
The data below can be entered either in the Enterprise portal or the Location portal as authorized by the Roles assigned to the individual users. Data is populated in both portals.
- Information Edit tab: all fields.
- Location Settings tab: Week Days & Business Hours and Globally Unique ID.
- Employee Settings tab: Portal Privileges and Swapping Rules.
- Schedule Settings tab: AutoFill Settings and Break Settings.
The data below can be entered only in the Location portal. It is location-specific data that does not populate the Enterprise and is not visible in the Enterprise Portal.
- Location Section: Special days for the location.
- Location Section: Crews, Labor Pools, and Shift Groups.
- Admin Section: Password strength check for Employees and Users.
A Location can be made inactive by changing the status on the Edit tab.
- Inactive locations do not allow any Log On.
- Locations cannot be deleted. Unused locations should be made inactive.
The location menu list default is alphabetical with no folders:
The station menu list can be filtered by:
- The station menu list can be grouped into folders by:
Example: Alphabetical Folders:
Locations can only see and use the above when they are ‘assigned’. The process is the same to assign all of them.
- Click on the ‘Assign’ link for what you are assigning.
Enter % in the Last Name search box to return a list of all in the Available Box.
- Highlight the items you want to assign.
- Click the ‘right arrow’ to move the items to the ‘Assigned Box’.
- To ‘un-assign’ items, highlight and click the ‘left arrow’. Note the restrictions for un-assigning on each assignment page.