How Does This Functionality Help You?
- Managing the churn of changes to your schedule is efficient and easy.
- Multiple schedule shifts can be edited at once with mass update options. See Schedules Section: Using Mass Updates.
- Changes made to shifts are in real time and immediately visible to employees.
Schedules Section: Editing Schedule Shifts
Editing Schedule Shifts
Select the schedule name to open the schedule tabs. (Example above: May-23)
Select the Shifts tab on the top menu bar and select List from the drop-down menu. (or grid view)
To edit the shift, click on the Start or End time of the shift to open the Edit Shift pop-up window.
This window displays three tabs. Refer to the following information about using each tab.
Make changes to edit the shift as needed.
A Break entered will reduce the total hours of the shift by the break time.
A note on the shift will appear in the schedule on that shift.
Select Save to save the changes.
To delete the shift from the schedule, select the [Delete] link.
Important: A deleted shift cannot be recovered and the history of the shift is lost.
The default is to split the shift equally. (Example: 6 hour shift split into 2 - 3 hour shifts)
Choose the split time from the split at drop-down list. (Example: split off last hour)
Select Split Shift to split the shift.
Result: The schedule will now contain 2 shifts both assigned to the employee.
The scheduler can now reassign either one or both of the shifts (or make it empty).
- Cancel – Make the shift inactive. It stays on the schedule but is grayed out in the Location portal.
- If the Enterprise portal has set up Cancel Reasons, the reason chosen is added to the audit trail history of the shift.
- In the Employee portal, the shift is grayed out and shows the reason it was cancelled.
- The shift can be enabled at any time.
Show History – Shows the audit trail of every change made to the shift.