How Does This Functionality Help You?
- Managing the churn of changes to your schedule is efficient and easy.
- Multiple schedule shifts can be edited at once with mass update options. See Schedules Section: Using Mass Updates.
- Changes made to shifts are in real time and immediately visible to employees.
Schedules Section: Editing Schedule Shifts
Editing Schedule Shifts
- Select the schedule name to open the schedule tabs.
- Select the Shifts tab on the top menu bar.
- To edit the shift, click on the Start or End time of the shift to open the Edit Shift pop-up window.
This window displays three tabs. Refer to the following information about using each tab.
- Make changes to edit the shift as needed.
- A Break entered will reduce the total hours of the shift by the break time.
- A note on the shift will appear in the schedule on that shift.
- Select Save to save the changes.
- To delete the shift from the schedule, select Delete.
Important: A deleted shift cannot be recovered and the history of the shift is lost.
- Choose the split time from the split at drop-down list. (Example: split off last hour)
- Choose a time to split the shift.
- Choose a second time to split the shift again.
- Select Split Shift.
Result: The schedule will now contain 2-3 shifts both assigned to the employee.
- The scheduler can now reassign either one or both of the shifts (or make it empty).
- Show the audit trail of every change made to the shift.
- Video: How to View the History of a Scheduled Shift