How Does This Functionality Help You?
- Mass Updates allow you to quickly change many things about shifts at one time.
- Creating breaks in all shifts can be defined by parameters you determine and will decrease the shift length hours paid.
Schedules Section: Tools and Selected Tabs
Create Random Breaks in All Shifts
- Select the schedule name to open the schedule tabs.
- Select the Shifts tab in the top menu bar.
- From the Tools tab in the top menu bar, select Create Breaks.
- Choose parameters for the breaks on the Create Breaks pop-up window.
- Break size: 15 min, 30 min, 45 min, 60 min.
- Break start time: qtr hour, half hour, hour.
- Minimum buffer size: Choose a buffer size that is less than half of your minimum shift length if you want all shifts eligible for breaks.
- Minimum headcount percentage or minimum headcount per time slot: determines the number of breaks allowed per station/day time periods.
Result: The breaks are inserted into every shift that meets the parameters chosen.
Using Merge Shifts
- From the Tools tab in the top menu bar, select Merge Shifts.
- This combines back-to-back shifts that share the same date, station, and employee.
- The schedule filter is not applicable when merging shifts. All shifts in the schedule are examined. Empty shifts are ignored.
Using Mass Update Options
- The Update tab in the top menu bar contains mass update options for when you want to make the same change to several shifts.
- First select the shifts you want to change, using one of the following methods:
- Select the check box the individual shifts you want to change.
- If you want to change ALL shifts use Toggle All under the Selected tab.
Reminder: You can first use the Options Tab to filter to select shifts in your schedule that you want to make changes to. Then, Toggle all works very quickly.
- From the Updated tab, choose one of the following mass options to be performed:
- Update Shifts: Input the new data into the field’s entry box. Select Save.
- Edit will mass edit the shifts.
- Copy will duplicate the shifts.
- Move will move the shifts.
- Assign will manually assign one employee to all selected shifts.
- Click on the name of the employee that you want to assign.
- Only active employees shown
- NO skills OR availability OR shifts checked
- Inactive shifts are ignored in the analysis
- It's VERY possible to manually assign conflicts
- Clear Assignments removes employees assignments from selected shifts. It makes the shifts ‘empty’.
- Clear Breaks removes breaks from selected shifts. It removes the break times.
- Swap/Bid places those shifts on the swap or bid boards.
- Inactivate temporarily removes them from the schedule.
- Reactivate restores in activated shifts.
- Delete: Use to delete all selected shifts.
Caution: Deleted shifts are not recoverable and all history of these shifts is also deleted.
Video: How to Mass Edit and Delete Enterprise Schedule Shifts
How to Mass Assign or Clear Enterprise Employees and Breaks