Left Menu Bar: Settings Folder
Go to Location > Settings and select Special Days.
Used to identify any day that the company determines is different than a normal work day. For example:
- A Holiday where business is closed.
- A Holiday where a schedule is allowed.
- A day or days where a different or unique schedule is allowed.
- A day or days where Leave Requests are not allowed.
- Grayed out days are prior to the current date.
- Locations cannot delete special days created in the Enterprise portal.
- If there is a Leave Blackout, these days are enforced in every location.
Each location can also add special days specific to only their location.
To add Special Days in the Location portal:
- Go to Location > Special Days window.
- Click on the Add link.
- Fill in the Add Form.
- Enter the Starting day.
- Enter the Duration day(s).
- Give a Name to the Special Day.
- Choose the Type from the drop-down list. Entry is required.
--- Default is 'Allow Schedule'.
--- Can choose ‘No Schedule’ or other Special Day types.
--- Special Day Types in the drop-down list are only created in the Enterprise portal. They are named and color-coded there.
--- If you choose a Special Day, a new row displays with zero hours and the name of the special day is in the Station Column.
---To display the Special Days on the location schedule, ensure the ‘Show Special Days’ check box is selected on the Options tab in the Schedule section.
Select the check box for Leave Blackout if the day is to be subject to a Leave Blackout.
- If the Enterprise USES Leave Types:
--- Leave Types display on the Employee portal 'Add Leave' form. Employees must to choose a leave type when requesting leave.
--- If a Leave Type is designated as being subject to Leave Blackout days, employees cannot request a day off on this Special Day if Leave Blackout is selected.
--- If a Leave Type is NOT designated as being subject to Leave Blackout days, employees can request leave for a Special Day if that Special Day is not subject to a Leave Blackout.
Note: Leave Types are controlled in the Enterprise portal and are not visible in the Location portal. Contact your Enterprise Administrator to see which Leave Types are designated to enforce blackout days.
Remember, the list of Leave Types displays in the Add Leave request form in the Employee portal.
- Select Save when the Add form is completed.
The window refreshes and automatically adds the Special Day to the summary chart.
Note: You can delete Special Days added in the Location portal. Therefore, in the window above:
- The Location added Special Day, July 4 th, has an option to delete.
- The Enterprise added day, Dec. 25th Christmas, cannot be deleted by the location.
--- If an employee requests leave and BOTH the Leave Type and day of the leave request are subject to blackout, the following displays
- If the Enterprise DOES NOT USE Leave Types, the Location portal controls whether or not employees are allowed to request leave on a Special Day. Simply select the Leave Blackout check box to restrict employee leave requests.
Enterprise portal uses Leave Types and designated the following Leave Types:
Location portal entered this Special Day, and designated it as a Leave Blackout:
- The employee is not allowed to request a vacation day on July 4 th.
- The employee is allowed to request a leave for FLMA on July 4th.