How Does This Functionality Help You?
- Rotations are a type of availability for setting up a repeating pattern of work.
Employees Section: Tools > Rotations
The Tools folder contains the link to setup and manage rotations.
To Set Up a Rotation:
- Select Setup Rotations in the Tools drop-down menu.
- Select the Add. Name the rotation and enter a start date. Select Save.
Note: The start date is the first day the pattern takes effect and overrides any other availability that has been entered for the employee.
- Select the name of the rotation, which is a blue link. This brings up the Edit Rotation screen where you can define the pattern of work and assign employees.
- Select Add under the Pattern section of the form.
- Enter the pattern in order.
- Limit to: enter the employee available times to work on those days. Leave blank for 24 x 7 availability.
As you enter the pattern, it is displayed on the month calendar as a visual check.
The pattern is displayed on all days for all months both forward and backward, but will take effect for assigned employees on the ‘Start Day’ entered.
- Delete the pattern entry line by selecting the red X on that line. Note that the other lines keep their order number when created, allowing you to reinsert a change for the order you just deleted.
- Select Add and in the Order field box put in the order # that you are replacing.
- To delete the entire rotation use the Delete link at the top beside the Save button.
- Highlight the employees you want to assign in the Available box.
- Select the right arrow to move them into the Assigned box.
- The rotation availability replaces all other availability until you un-assign an employee or delete the rotation.
- To un-assign an employee, reverse the process using the left arrow.
- Use the link Back to return to the rotation summary page.
To Check Employee Availability in Use:
- Open the Employee Sections. Select the employee name.
- Open the Availability tab. Look at the calendar which shows the rotation availability is over riding the local availability.