How Does This Functionality Help You?
- Organize information for each employee in your location.
- Enter and edit employee information. Your changes automatically display in the Enterprise portal.
- Employee personal information can be viewed in the Reports section.
- Employee contact information can be viewed in the Schedules section when you are manually selecting an employee for a shift.
- Employee scheduling information is enforced when auto-fill is used to fill the shifts in the Schedules section. It also can be enforced when using the swap board.
Employees Section: Employee Information
- Employees must be added in the Enterprise portal and deployed to the location in order for the employees to appear in the Employees section.
- Employees must be in an active status in order to be used for scheduling.
Employees > Edit Tab
- Contains tabs to enter the employee information for Personal, Contact, and Scheduling information. There is also a Time & Attendance tab if you are using the ScheduleSource Time & Attendance module.
- The information entered here is used in the Schedules, Reports, and Admin sections. See Admin Section: Account Info and Download Options.
To open the Edit Tab:
- Open the Employees section in the top menu bar.
- Click on the employee name in the left menu.
- Click on the Edit tab on the top right page.
Employees Edit > Personal Tab
- First and Last Name: name displayed in all lists and schedules.
- Nickname: only displayed on this page for manager information.
- Username & Password: entry is required for employee to Sign In to the Employee portal. See Admin Section: Managing Passwords.
- Start date: First day the employee can be used in scheduling and is eligible to Sign In to the employee portal. If left blank, it is assumed that the employee is active. Use the calendar tool or enter in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Not visible to the employee, but is visible to schedulers if given access to the edit page. Is also a field that can be displayed in the reports section.
- When fields are grayed out, it means that entry is controlled in the Enterprise portal.
Employees Edit > Contact Tab
- Email: required to use the Collaboration Pack. If using an HR feed into ScheduleSource system, it updates automatically.
- Phone numbers: are displayed in the Schedules section on the employee contact icon on the available employee shift list.
- Address information can be downloaded in the Admin section or viewed in the Reports section.
- These limits are strictly enforced in using auto-fill to fill the shifts in a schedule. They also can be chosen to be enforced in using the swab board.
- Max Hours/Week
- Max Days/Week
- Max Shifts/Day
- Max Hours/Day
- Max Consecutive Days – looks at days both in prior schedule and future schedule to honor the max consecutive days limit.
- If an employee is not scheduled to a shift due to these settings, the reason is displayed in the ‘conflicts’ column on the shift ‘available employee’ list in the Schedules section.
Options to use:
- Crew: can be assigned or edited. The drop-down list displays all crews created in the Location Section. See Location Section: Crews.
- Rotation: can be assigned or edited. The drop-down list displays all rotations created in Employees > Tools > Set up Rotations. See Employees Section: Rotations.
- Min Hours: Is not enforced in the auto-fill for scheduling. Is displayed in the over/under Analysis report in the Schedules section.
- Rank: For internal use as determined by your organization. Is only used in the Tours & Tour Bidding module.
- Pay Rate ($/hr): Is used to calculate the cost of a schedule in the schedule section. If no rate is listed for an employee or the shift is empty, the pay rate of the station is used.
- Allow Swapping: The default is yes, Allow Swapping check box is selected. If the box is clear, this employee will not be able to swap their shifts and the Swap Board link does not display on their Employee portal.
- Only used if using ScheduleSource Time & Attendance module is enabled.
- See Help Cards in Time Section.