How Does This Functionality Help You?
- Employees can have access to see their schedule 24/7 from any computer or mobile data device.
- Employees can also use the other privileges allowed by their organization.
Employees Section: Employee Portal Access
- What employees can see and do in the Employee portal is controlled separately for each location.
- Set up the employee access privileges prior to giving employees their Sign In codes. See Admin Section: Setting Employee Access Options
- Employees sign in using the Employee Portal Sign In.
Setting up Employee Username/ID & Password Codes
By individual employee:
- Open the Employees section.
- Select the employee name in the left menu.
- Open the Edit > Personal tab.
- Assign Username/ID: must be unique. The employee is not able to change their username. Entry is required on this tab.
- Assign Password by selecting [Change]: not required to be unique. The employee is always able to reset their own password.
- Select Save.
- Open the Employees Section
- Open the Tools folder in the left menu.
- Select Mass Update.
- Choose “Select All’ button. This selects the check boxes in the Update column box for all employees.
- Select ‘password’ from the Field drop-down list in the text box.
- Enter the temporary password of your choice in the text box after the = sign.
- Select Update.
This populates the Password field on every employee info page with the same temporary password. You won’t be able to see it because passwords are never listed.
- Employees need to know the URL and to use the Employee portal.
- Employees need all 3 codes in order to Sign In:
- Code- is the Sign In code for one of the locations they are assigned to. (This is the same code as the scheduler uses to Sign In to the Location Portal.)
- Username/ID – as entered on each individual personal information screen.
- Password- as assigned by organization for initial Sign In.
- Employees should be informed about browsers settings.
- Employees should be told to reset their password after logon and the recommended criteria for password strength.
- If your organization is using settings to enfore ‘Password Management’ at the Enterprise portal, the requirements being enforced should be shared with employees.
- Employees will see their entire schedule for all assigned locations, including the location and station for each assigned shift, on one page.
- Employees need to set their own notification options in the Collaboration section of the Employee portal.
Are they at the correct URL and using the Employee portal?
- Do they have the correct three codes? (Try resetting their password)
- Is their start date in the future? (Employees cannot have access until this date)
- Are they in the ‘active’ employee list in the Location portal?
- Is the IP address for the computer they are using locked due to too many failed attempts? If so, the Enterprise portal administrator has to unlock it.