Password SecurityThe organization can check the strength of employees’ and users' passwords in the Location portal. To do so, log in to the Location portal and go to Admin > Passwords and select Check Employees or Check Users.
- At least 8 characters in length
- A mixture of letters and numbers
- Not a variation of the user name
The organization can enforce password management for users and employees. To do so, log in to the Enterprise portal and go to Admin > Enterprise > System. Scroll down to Password Management.
Important: Password Management affects all users and employees for every portal. You can choose to enforce one or more of the following options.
- Expiration after a set number of days you choose. No minimum or maximum number of days is required. Will require a change in password.
- NO repeats – Not a repeat of any previous password.
- Complexity required – passwords must meet all of the criteria listed above.
- The same user password is used for sign in to both the Enterprise portal and the Location portal.
- Passwords are not required to be unique. Thus a temporary password can be used multiple times and initially issued to users or employees to allow them to sign in. They should be instructed to immediately change their password to something that is unique.
- An audit trail timestamps every sign in attempt so all users and employees should be advised to never allow another user to sign in using their passwords.
You can change user passwords, yours and other users, if you have been given this privilege by your organization.
- Go to Users on the top menu bar.
- If you don’t see the section link, you have not been granted access.
- Contact your Enterprise Administrator to have your password changed.
- Select a user in the left navigation.
The Edit window displays for that user in the right pane.
- Select the Password: [Change] link.
- Enter the password twice.
- Select the Save button.
A message displays if the password was saved.
- Test the new password.
Log off and log back on with your new password or the password you changed for another user.
Password ResetIf an individual can’t sign in because they forgot their password, they can reset it themselves from the Sign In page. They must know their account code and username.
A password reset option is listed below the Sign In button.
- Select the Forgot Your Password link to obtain the Forgot Password window.
- Enter the required information and click the Forgot Password button.
- A message displays notifying you that an email has been sent with reset links and instructions.
Note:The email is from noreply@schedulesource with a subject line of SSI Password Assistance. Check your spam filters if it does not appear in your inbox.
- Select the link in the email message to access the password reset page.
The recommended criterion for a new password is displayed on the page.
- If unsuccessful, contact your Enterprise Administrator to change your password for you.