Password SecurityWhen given access to the Admin section in the Location portal, TW users can check the strength of employees’ and users' passwords.
- At least 8 characters in length
- A mixture of letters and numbers
- Not a variation of the user name
The organization can enforce password management for users and employees.
- Controlled in the Enterprise portal. Go to Enterprise > Organization > Passwords. Scroll down to Password Management.
Important: Password Management affects all users and employees signing in to the Enterprise Portal, Location Portal and all Employees signing in to the Employee portal. You can choose to enforce one or more of the following options.
- Expiration after a set number of days you choose. No minimum or maximum number of days is required. Will require a change in password.
- NO repeats – Not a repeat of any previous password.
- Complexity required – passwords must meet all of the criteria listed above.
Your ability to set this will depend on your role settings assigned by the organization.
- The same user password is used for sign in to both the Enterprise portal and the Location portal.
- Passwords are not required to be unique. Thus a temporary password can be used multiple times and initially issued to users or employees to allow them to sign in.
- If password management is turned on, the system will require users and employees to change their password.
- Employees should be advised to immediately change their password to something that is unique.
Users and employees can change Employee passwords if they have been assigned by their organization.
Password ResetIf an individual can’t sign in because they forgot their password, they can reset it themselves from the Sign In page. They must know their account code and username.
A password reset option is listed below the Sign In button.