Password SecurityUsers with access to the Admin section in the Location portal can check the strength of employees’ and users' passwords.
- At least 8 characters in length
- A mixture of letters and numbers
- Not a variation of the user name
The organization can enforce password management for users and employees.
- Controlled in the Enterprise portal. Go to Admin > Enterprise > System. Scroll down to Password Management.
- Password Management affects all users signing in to the Enterprise portal and Location portal as well as all Employees signing in to the Employee portal.
- A Password Expired screen pop-up window enforces options selected:
Important: Password Management affects all users and employees for every portal. You can choose to enforce one or more of the following options.
- Expiration after a set number of days you choose. No minimum or maximum number of days is required. Will require a change in password.
- NO repeats – Not a repeat of any previous password.
- Complexity required – passwords must meet all of the criteria listed above for an OK password strength.
- The same user password is used for sign in to both the Enterprise portal and the Location portal.
- Passwords are not required to be unique. Thus a temporary password can be used multiple times and initially issued to users or employees to allow them to sign in.
- If password management is turned on, the system will force users and employees to change their password.
- Otherwise employees should be advised to immediately change their password to something that is unique, using the criteria listed above
- For security purposes, please advise users and employees to never share their logon ids and passwords with others.
Users and employees can change Employee passwords if they have been given the role privilege.
- Open the Employees section from the main toolbar.
- If you don’t see the section link, you have not been granted access.
- Contact your Enterprise Administrator to have your password changed.
- Select an employee name in left menu bar.
The Edit window displays for that employee in the right pane.
- Select the Password: [Change] link.
- Enter the password twice.
- Select the Save button.
A message displays if the password change was successful or not.
- Test the new password prior to informing the employee.
Open a different browser and Sign In to the Employee portal using the new password issued.
Password ResetIf an individual can’t sign in because they forgot their password, they can reset it themselves from the Sign In page. They must know their account code and username and a valid email address of the individual must be available in the system.
A password reset option is listed below the Sign In button.
- Select the Forgot Your Password link to obtain the Forgot Password window.
- Enter the required information and click the Forgot Password button.
- A message displays notifying you that an email has been sent with reset links and instructions.
Note:The email is from noreply@schedulesource with a subject line of SSI Password Assistance. Check your spam filters if it does not appear in your inbox.
- Select the link in the email message to access the password reset page.
The recommended criterion for a new password is displayed on the page.
- If unsuccessful, contact your Enterprise Administrator for assistance.