The following provides information about how TeamWork functions globally.
Logging into Different Portals
Use different Browsers if you want several different portals open at the same time.
Remembering to Save
Remember to select the Save button.
- In field entries on a window, data is only saved if you select the Save button.
- Use the scroll bar to see if there is a Save button at the bottom of the window.
Completing Required Fields
An asterisk * following a field entry box indicates an entry is required.
Using Rankings & Skills
- 9 is High, 1 is Low. (0 is a place holder skill not used in Auto Fill.)
- Rankings are used in the Auto Fill process of optimizing a schedule.
- An employee with a 0 skill is not automatically assigned by Auto Fill, but a scheduler can manually assign the employee. This ensures the employee displays on the shift available pop-up window.
Changing Scheduling Data
- Changes in scheduling data take effect for future schedules. They do not affect schedules already built.
- Data used in Auto Fill includes employee availability, employee schedule limit settings, pay rates, skill rankings, and schedule settings
- If a schedule has been created, you can run Auto Fill again and it changes the schedule based on the most current data entered.
Making Employees Inactive at One Location
- In the emploee section, select the employee to inactivate and choose Inactivate. This window will pop-up:
- Date entered makes employee not eligible to be scheduled. All future shifts where the employee is already scheduled will be cleared as empty shifts.
- Does not affect data in any past schedule.
- Only affects this one location. The employee is still active in the Enterprise portal for use in other locations.
Deleting an Employee at One Location
- CAUTION: All data is deleted with the employee, except for data in archived schedules and closed pay periods.
- Consider leaving the employee inactive – you do not pay for inactive employees, so there is no cost.
- The delete option ONLY displays after the employee has been made inactive.
- All past schedules must first be archived – an employee cannot be deleted if they are in any active shifts at any location.
Heeding Warnings and Alert Confirmations
Take notice of pop-up warning alerts and confirmations.
- When data can be deleted by an action, pop-up windows warn you and ask for your confirmation before proceeding.
- Be sure you understand the lost data implications before taking any action.
- In Option Tabs: Use filters to pull only the part of the data you want to see. This increases your data pull speed.
- In Reports: Create and Save custom filters to quickly view frequently used data subsets.
- In Last name search box filters: Use the first part of a last name. The % symbol can be entered to return ALL items in the list.
Using Auto Fill
Auto Fill optimizes filling a schedule by enforcing all parameters you have entered:
- Employee availability, max scheduling limits, skill rankings, days off
- Schedule setting parameters
- Station rankings and Holidays entered.
Copying and Pasting Report Data
All reports can be copied and pasted into Excel with formatting preserved.
- Highlight an entire table and select CTRL-C to copy all data.
- Open Excel, and in the A-1 cell, insert your cursor and select CTRL-V to paste.
- You can now modify the report in Excel.
Downloading Report Data
All reports have several download options: