How does this functionality help you?
- A public URL enables viewing html or syncing schedule data via iCal format without logging into the application.
- A public URL can be allowed for locations and/or employees to use.
This feature must first be enabled at the Enterprise level. Then locations and employees have the ability to create a unique id for use in public URL’s.
- Open the Admin Section/ Configuration Link.
- Open the Enterprise Tab.
Enable the feature by changing the toggle to Yes – the default is No (off).
- Click Save.
Result in Location Portal
- Users must be assigned a role privilege to access the Admin Section in the location.
In the Location Admin Section:
- Click on the Unique ID Link, in left menu.
- Click New to generate the location GUID.
- Click okay on the confirmation pop-up.
- This generates the links for both HTML and iCal format.
- When the generated URL is pasted into a browser, the result is a static view of all published schedules for the location.
Test this location's public page: http://www.schedulesource.net/Enterprise/Public/LocationSched...
Result in Employee Portal
- Employee must use the New Employee Portal (top menu access link).
- A new tab for public pages appears in their Profile Section:
- Employee can now create their own GUID and http links for personal use.