Left Menu Bar: Privileges Folder
Go to Admin > Privileges and select Swap Board Rules.
How Does This Functionality Help You?
- Swap board rules enable you to give employees access to the swap board in the Employee portal and control how the swap board will operate.
- Swap board access allows employees to initiate finding a replacement for shifts they are unable to work or want to trade.
- Employees remain responsible to work any shift they post, unless it is claimed by another eligible employee. When posting shifts, this is stated to them.
- Empty shifts can be placed on the swap board for employees to try to self claim.
- The swap board rules that are set are location-specific. So each location can have different rules for swap board use.
- There are three levels that you can control swapping for:
--- Each individual schedule (Schedule section > Settings tab). The default is to Allow Swapping for All Employees. Clear the check box to NOT allow swapping for this schedule.
--- Each individual employee (Employee section > Edit > Scheduling tab). If one individual employee is not allowed to swap, they will not see the swap board link at all.
--- Each individual station (Station section > Edit tab) This is controlled only in the Enterprise portal, but the choice is visible to the location.
- These are global location settings that will affect all employees’ access.
- There are three categories of privileges to select: Enable/Approve, Scheduling Constraints, and Additional Settings.
- The help icon, , opens a window with the details of what each option means, providing you with easy review details from within the application.
Enterprise portal controlled:
The options to show empty shifts on your swap board and direct swaps are both controlled by your Enterprise administrator.
Location portal controlled:
- Select the check box to grant the privilege or enter values. Select Save.
- Privileges may be changed at any time and will take effect immediately the next time an employee logs on or refreshes the Swap Board page.
Enable / Approve
Enable / Approve features
Allow Swapping/Claiming Shifts
Makes the swap board available to employees. Allows employees to trade shifts, schedule themselves to ‘empty’ shifts or post their shifts on the swap board to make them available for others to try to claim. Likewise they can try to claim other shifts that are available. It is also where shifts display if a bid board is created.
Allow Trading/Offering Shifts
Allows employees to request shift offers for a possible available shift and lets the current employee choose the best offer for their available shift. Allow Swapping/Claiming Shifts must be enabled.
Add Trade Notes
Requires employee posting shift to put in a note in description. Allows the employee offering a shift to include a note. Allow Trading/Offering Shifts must be enabled.
Require Manager Approval
Adds an additional step to the swap process for manager approval being required. Employees trying to claim a shift will receive a ‘pending’ status. It prevents swaps from occurring until a manager approves it (via the Swap Board Link under Schedules).
|Split/Merge Shifts||Allows employees to split or merge their shifts. Allows employees to place a partial shift on the on the Swap board, while keeping a portion of the original shift on their schedule. Allows employees to merge concurrent shifts picked up on the Swap Board into one shift on their schedule.|
|Split Empty Shift||Allows employees to split and claim an Empty Shift that is on the Swap Board. The new shift must pass all of the swap board checks and will be immediately claimed by the employee. The unclaimed portion of the shift will remain on the swap board.|
|Minimum Shift Length||Sets the minimum length in minutes that a shift can be after it is split.|
Swap Lead Time (hours)
Prevents swapping assigned shifts if they are less than the Lead Time from today. Useful for avoiding last minute changes to schedules, and ensuring that schedules are finalized by some date. For example, if lead time is 48, an assigned shift for tomorrow (24 hours away) could not be placed on the swap board, or claimed.
Empty Shift Lead Time (hours)
Prevents empty shifts from being claimed if they are less than the lead time from today. Thus, only the scheduler could fill the remaining empty shifts in the schedule as no one can claim them.
Enforce Max Hours
Prevents employees from claiming shifts that would make their total hours for a day or week exceed their maximum hour setting.
Enforce Max Days
Prevents employees from claiming shifts that would make their total days for the week exceed their maximum days setting.
Enforce Max Shifts/Day
Prevents employees from claiming shifts that would make their total shifts for the day exceed their maximum shifts/day setting.
Enforce Downtime & Gap Limits
Prevents employees from claiming shifts that would violate the minimum downtime between days, and the min and max gap settings for split shifts.
Maintain Skill Level
Requires that the employee claiming a shift have a skill level equal to or greater than the currently assigned employee.
Max Consecutive Days
Prevents employees from claiming shifts that would give them consecutive days scheduled in excess of this value. Leave blank if no limit.
Allow Overlap (minutes)
Allows employees to claim shifts that overlap with a shift they are already working Zero minutes is the default.
Determines if the names of the employees will be shown on the swap board.
Determines if the names of the stations will be shown on the swap board.
Determines if the notes of shifts will be shown on the swap board.
|View: Shift Group||Determines if the names of the shift groups will be shown on the swap board.|