How Does This Functionality Help You?
- A Kiosk portal on a dedicated computer allows employees to clock on and clock off without signing into their individual employee portal.
- A badge swipe or fingerprint reader, hooked up to the computer, allows employees to clock on and clock off with an external device.
About a Kiosk
- You must have a different computer available for each location that you want a Kiosk clock running. Label the computers so employees know which computer to sign in on for their location.
- Each employee must have been assigned an External ID number in the Enterprise Portal.
- If you elect to use an external reader device, it must be installed and configured by your internal IT department.
Setting Up the Kiosk
- Sign in to the Location portal.
- Open the Admin Section.
- Click on the Unique ID link in the left menu.
- Click on the New button to generate a unique ID.
- Highlight and Copy the ID number that is created in the text box.
- Open a New browser and enter the following URL:
- The following window opens.
- Enter the Unique ID in the blank provided (that you previously copied from the location Globally Unique ID text box).
- If you are using an external device, select the check box for Swipe & Go.
Check Location Time Settings
Important: You must have the Location time settings in the Enterprise portal set to allow Clock to display the Kiosk logon page. Go to Locations and select a location. Go to Time > Setup Time & Rules. Select the check box for Clock.
- Click Submit. The TeamWork Kiosk Employee window displays.
- Note that the Location is listed at the bottom of the page.
- Employee Clock On and Clock Off
- The employee enters their External ID number either in the yellow box or using the screen key pad. (Or using external connected device).
- The employee selects Submit.
--- If the Swipe and Go option was selected, the page refreshes showing the employee has clocked on.
--- If the Swipe and Go option was not selected, the employee must choose their project and task to clock on.
- The employee can select done to immediately return to the logon page for the next employee entry.
- If the employee does not select done, the page automatically returns to the logon page in a few seconds.
- The employee follows the same procedure to Clock Off.
Check Employee Kiosk Code
Important: The External ID number field is used as the Kiosk Clock On code. It must be entered in the Enterprise portal for each employee on the Employee Info window.
- To enter or verify an employee External ID in the Enterprise portal, go to Employees and select an employee name. Go to Edit > Personal.
- The employee External ID number displays in the Location portal on the Employee Info window. To view, go to Employees and select an employee name. Go to Edit > Personal. Give the employee the External ID since it is their Kiosk code.
- See example below. External ID is the Kiosk code: 3300
You can set up a Globally Unique ID (GUID) for a location from either the Enterprise portal or the Location portal as described in the procedure above. To set a GUID up from the Enterprise portal:
- Log in to the Enterprise portal.
- Go to Locations and select a location.
- Select Location > Globally Unique ID (GUID) and follow the same procedure.
A Location portal user must be given role permissions for access to the Location portal Admin section to either create or see the location GUID menu.