How Does This Functionality Help You?
- The leave system organizes employee day off requests, granted leave, and types of leave. You have options to grant or deny leave requests.
- Using leave management requires you to resolve any schedule conflicts prior to granting a day off request to ensure your schedule is accurate.
- Leave that is granted is used by Auto Fill so that employees are not scheduled on days granted off.
Employees Section: Manage Leave
The Tools folder contains the link to Manage Leave.
Manage Leave Window
- Select the Manage Leave link in the Tools drop-down menu.
- The bottom chart defaults to all requests for the current month.
- Use the scroll arrows to scroll to a different year.
- The top table shows you the totals for each month in the status column.
- To see all monthly requests, select the number in a cell.
- The bottom chart will change to that month
- Schedulers can Grant, Deny, or Delete requests submitted by an employee.
- If there are conflicts because the employee is scheduled for a shift on the day that they are requesting off, the Grant option does not appear.
- To resolve the Conflicts, click on the number in the Conflicts column.
- The ‘Resolve Conflicts’ popup shows you both the requested day and the conflict in the schedule with the shift for which they are scheduled.
- The scheduler can:
- Clear the shift – making it empty in the schedule.
- Delete the shift – removing it from the schedule.
- When the conflict is resolved, the option to Grant appears.
- The status is changed to reflect whether the request was Granted or Denied. The employee can see the new status in the employee portal.
- To view all the employees requests for the year, select the name of the employee.
Granted Days Off
- If a day off has been granted, when Auto Fill is used to fill a schedule, the employee is not put into a shift for that day.
- If the employee is in a fixed shift in a template, they are removed from that shift when the template is used to build a schedule for the day granted off.